My idea is: exploring fan conventions.
Aim
My aim are to see what types of people come to Fan conventions and what happens there. To see what types of people arrive and why they go in the first place. Lastly to dispel any misconceptions of fan conventions.Content
The order of these events will be decided once the script will be done. However at the very start there will be an exposition, this will explain some terminology, break stereotypes. Followed by:- Interviews from various cosplayers on their experiences (at least 10)
- A lot of footage will be used from previous MCM London expos.
- Exploring certain subcultures at conventions e.g. lolita fashion
- Looking at certain games e.g. Mortal Kombat, Halo 4, other new releases.
- I'll talk about some store owners that about fandom related e.g. are associated with the convention in anyway - interview*
- I would be talking to people who created the actual event - interview*
At the very end there will be a summary on what fan conventions are about.
*This will only be added if the person agrees to be interviewed.

Target Audience
The my target audience is from 16 - 24 year old. However this appeals to a niche audience with either one of the common interests: Anime, Other shows that are considered ‘geeky’ and Video games. Although I can guarantee that audience can at least recognise one character. Then again most people know about well known ‘geeky’ shows e.g. star wars, star trek. To make sure there is a gender balance I will be sure to interview male and females.Format
The typed of documentary style I would expository. This would be suitable because if I am behind the camera trying to capture everything that occurs, it is highly unlikely the audience will be able to see me. I don’t influence the events that occur.Therefore I would have to use a voice over. Additionally background noise could be a problem therefore I have another reason to use voice over. The voice over quirky and sarcastic yet informal and keeping to a professional standard e.g. no swearing and being respectful. This is in order to be taken seriously. Furthermore this format is suitable because nothing can be staged due to the spontaneity of events.Genre
The genre will be a documentary. This is due to ensure this remains to a documentary, I will be following a suitable and structure for a documentary e.g. presenting facts and backing them up.Style
Since the format is in expository that means that there won't be a presenter. There will just be voice overs this will play a key roll in my documentary because the voice overs have to give the audience enough information on the topic at hand.To keep the audience interested in the documentary I will be using graphics in a humourous way, but this can be another helpful way to presenting facts to audience.
For interviews/fox pops I will be either using close ups or mid shots this enable the interviewees emotion to be captured. Additionally for some of the footage the camera will be hand held because I would be walking about getting shots\interviews therefore it would be tedious to get the tripod all the time. This gives the documentary a realist look.

No comments:
Post a Comment