Monday, 28 January 2013

Production log 1

The things that were completed last week:
  • I uploaded footage from what I've already filmed e.g. October Comic con. This allowed me to see what footage was useless and what was useful.
  • I accquired music I will be using in the documentary meaning I can start cutting to the beat therefore this has allowed me to start editing.
  • I started editing section 4 to 10.
  • On Saturday I travelled to Ilford with Alysia because I was her camera operator. Then on Sunday I travelled to Ilford again with Alysia to record vox pops.
Logistical Challenges
I couldn't really start editing until I had the music because I needed to see if the music went with the representation I was trying to create. So I had to find the music before I started editing.

Technical Challenges
Going through every single thing  recorded was time consuming. Additionally it was difficult trying to find what bits were suitable for certain parts of the documentary because I kept having to go back and forth. However sticking to my narrative arc helped because I put certain clips in one section etc.

Targets to achieve before your next entry:
  • Upload vox pops
  • Start voiceovers
  • Finish sections 4 - 10

No comments:

Post a Comment